Who Teaches on the Big year?
Speakers from within River include Andy Read, Diana Chapman, Colin Barnes, Vicky Earll and other River Church Leaders. Guest speakers in previous years have included Steve Clifford (Gen. Director EA), Gerald Coates, Faith Forster, Christen Forster, Judith Forster, Stephen and Mara Klemich (Heartstyles), Hugo Anson (Director of several charities) and Che Ahn (Harvest Rock Church, Pasadena).
Teaching happens in a variety of ways and means to suit different learning styles. Teaching can take the form of practical sessions, discussions and front lead teaching etc, all of which happens with the opportunity to ask questions and journey together. There are also a number of books we recommend that you read during the year.
An Introduction to the Team
- Colin leads River’s central leadership team. He has led many to Christ over the years, particularly through the Alpha course which he ran in River for more than 10 years. Recently he spent a year in Nepal with his family where he set up a Bible Training Centre for leaders and church planters. Colin carries a strong understanding of the God who is love and is passionate about people coming into relationship with Jesus. He is married to Sadie and has 3 children.
– Vicky is deputy leader of River Church and leads The Journey Congregation. She is one of the mentors and speakers on the course. Vicky is passionate about seeing every Christian become what they were created to be. She loves being part of The BIG Year and seeing this dream realised.
– Andy is part of River’s central leadership team. He has been part of River Church for over 30 years and has extensive leadership experience. Andy has been involved in leading other leadership courses such as Equipped to Lead over many years and been a speaker at places such as Spring Harvest and
DNA. He is part of Pioneer’s National Leadership team. Married to Lina, Andy is a teacher by background and will be one of the speakers on The BIG year.
Diana Chapman –
Diana is The BIG Year Course Manager. She has an MA in Mission from the University of Wales and is on River Church’s mission team. She is part of the Slough congregation. Diana will also be one of the mentors and speakers on the year and is passionate about revival history and the training and development of leaders.
– Dave is part of River’s Central Leadership Team and leads BASE. He supports those meeting with teenagers at our Sunday meetings and running week night cell groups. He is committed to seeing a generation arise who are on fire for Jesus, friends with God and passionately devoted to seeing ‘kingdom come’ in power through irrefutable signs and wonders and most of all love. Dave is married to Chloe.
– Jan is a member of the Maidenhead congregation but has a River-wide role for encouraging prayer. She is part of the Transformations team and will be involved with pastoring, mentoring and speaking on The BIG Year. She is married to Robin and has two sons.
– Terry and his wife Mo are members of Maidenhead congregation. Terry has had a lifelong passion for revival and believes that God has spoken to him about Maidenhead being ‘part of the spearhead of the revival coming to the UK’. For many years Terry pastored a growing church in Maidenhead and is a trustee for Mission Direct. Terry will be involved with pastoring and mentoring on The BIG Year.
Articles in this group
Information regarding Alumni perks (Author: )
Course Fees and Dates
Details on pricing for the Big Year (Author: )
How is the year structured?
Format and tracks that build up the Big Year (Author: )
The Big Year and Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry
Background and relationship with BSSM (Author: )
How to apply and contact details
How to apply to and contact the BIG Year (Author: )
Other elements of the big year
Components of the BIG Year (Author: )
Who is it for?
Who is the big year aimed at. (Author: )
An overview of the inspiration for the syllabus. (Author: )